Thursday, May 1, 2008

Where in the World is Frannycakes? Part 3



Hey Yall! Today is my last full day at Pawleys Island.....sniffle, sniffle. I have had a wonderful time and plan to not change that a bit until I leave!

Now for a recap of yesterday..... After several cups of coffee, we dressed and headed to a consignment shop here at Pawleys. They had some great furniture and some cute furniture and clothes. Next we headed to Georgetown and picked up Jeb and met John at the Ball and Cue. I had fried chicken, rice and gravy, squash casserole and lemon cake. And it was delish and did not disappoint in the grease department! Next we went to the caterer's house and talked wedding reception. That was alot of fun AND she had just moved into a new house and I couldn't listen to the reception plans for looking at the decorating and ideas I could take to my house. Next, we went to DeBordieu to pick up Ruth and then to the grocery store and then back to the beach house. We were pretty lazy the rest of the afternoon probably from the wonderful greasy lunch. Virginia and Ruth made Beaufort Stew for dinner. It also was DELISH! After everything was cleaned up and finished, we got on our pj's and got out the cards. These people like to put a little money on the table and I usually lose mine. I am not talking alot of money....25 cents per hand. The first game I lost all my quarters. The second game I won!

The other ladies are coming in today. I guess I will need to get some more quarters to lose. I can't wait to see what kind of food they bring! Cause they never disappoint!

Tomorrow I pick up my rental car and head to Georgia. It will be so nice to visit with Mom and Dad. It has been a year since I have been down and that is way too long. On the way down, I am stopping in Statesboro to visit my Aunt Dot. Hopefully I will be able to see my cousins too. I always have such a good time around them! I wish I lived closer to everyone. That has kind of become my theme song these days....

Well, I guess I need to go and get ready for lunch. Always anticipating that next meal! Talk to you later! Tootles!

No comments: