Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunny Florida

Hey Yall!  I guess by now no one reads Frannycakes any more.  I have been a horrible blogger.  So for those of you who actually still check once a month to see if anything has changed, you are in luck!  Mr. Frannycakes and I drove south to sunny Florida for a romantic getaway work meeting that he had scheduled.  While he slaved away in a meeting, I slaved away in a lounge chair at the pool.  It was glorious.  Our hotel was on the beach and there were lots of the wooden chairs with umbrellas set up.  Of course you have to actually pay for those.  And since I had no idea how long I would be out in the sun since my lilly whites haven't seen the sun since last summer, I decided I would play it safe cheap and lay by the pool.  There were two pools, one heated and one not.  The throngs of middle school age boys and their families that were there for a baseball tournament decided they desired warm water to swim in and left the unheated pool to the old biddies that were really only there to lay in the sun anyway.  I always dread going to lay out because there always seems to be a bunch of itty bitty bikinis and model figures laying around.  Well folks, it was a good day for me.  There were two similiarly voluptuous in a once piece and one who made us all look good in a bikini.  A BIKINI!!!!!  A good day!!!!!!

On Friday, Mr. Frannycakes and I headed down to the pool.   Ms. Bikini was no where to be seen and neither were the one piece girls.  A couple of  young girls were laying out with their 'kinis on.  I wanted to tell them enjoy it while they could. 

Our good time was cut short by work trouble, so we headed back to Savannah on Saturday.  We were supposed to go to spend the night with Chris and Linley and Maeby Shea.  Not being able to go there was a big disappointment. 

Gazing past my pedicure needy feet at the Tiki Bar dreaming of a diet coke on ice...


Mr. Frannycakes needs to spend some extry time in the sun......


Later gator....




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still read... lol!

I could go for a day by the pool. but it has a big plastic tarp on top and it's about 35 degrees...

I'm so glad you had a good time. I could go for some fresh Florida seafood right now.

Hugs!

Piril Maria said...

Happy to hear it was fun.





♥ Love,
http://thebookness.blogspot.com