Sunday, February 11, 2007

Notes from North Carolina

Wow! I can't believe it has been so long since I posted! I actually have an excellent reason. I can't get my computer connected to the internet here. For some reason, Chris' internet is down and he is picking up some unsecured wireless network here in the apartment complex which explains why I am able to post now. However, my computer will not work with this particular much technical lingo, but that is my reason and I am sticking to it!

My trip was 17 hours long. It probably would have not been that long had it not been for hitting the Washington, DC area around rush hour. It was one big nightmare. But all in all, it was not a bad ride. Lots and lots of things to look at along the way. Not like the trip from Louisiana to Georgetown I used to make all the time. There was nothing to look at but trees forever and ever. While in New York, right outside New York City, I almost hit a deer! This was not a rural area! The deer jumped over the fence, ran through our four lanes of interstate, jumped the median and continues across four more lanes and took off into the woods. If she had hesitated one second, I would have hit her.

Julianne was at Chris' apartment when I got there. She ran out and it was so nice to see her. Chris came out shortly....he was.....busy...... We went to bed around 12. They were wanting to talk to me but I was just about in a coma so I begged them to please lets just go to bed and visit in the morning. Friday, we went to the mall and shopped and waited for Linley's mother, Kathy, who was coming to spend the night with her. After she arrived, we went to PF Changs. It was wonderful! YUM YUM YUM!!! We walked around the mall for a little bit afterward then went to the car. When we got near it, there was a note on it that the car had been involved in an accident. It was from the police there at the mall. So I called the number listed and they said to come down to their offices. So we did. Apparently, the car beside us was backing out and a car hit their car and pushed it into the side of Dicks truck. The passengers door on the drivers side is mashed in. They called the mall police (thank you thank you) and the police collected all the insurance information and wrote up a report. I pick it up on Monday. They went ahead and gave me the drivers names, phone numbers and insurance numbers. Unfortunately, neither one of them will answer their phones. The people involved are young, so they may not have told their parents yet. HMMMMMMM. Three years ago, at the same mall, someone hit my car. It was raining and there was no note. It was right after we had moved to North Carolina from Tennessee. We had not gotten our North Carolina tags yet. About two months later, we received a call from an insurance company asking if we had been at Crabtree Mall on ??????. They said they had an elderly policy owner who had hit the car when backing out and had wanted to leave a note on the car, but it was raining. So she took down the tag number and it had taken the insurance company that long to find us. She said to go get an estimate and call her back, that the policy holder wanted it taken care of whatever the cost. You don't hear of that happening much these days do you? So I am beginning to think Crabtree Mall has something against us.

Last night we went to Zaxby's for dinner and we left needing a nap. It was really good. Oh....let me backtrack some. Saturday, Linley's mother brought a cake decorated with the NC State logo for Chris. Linley had planned a surprise party for Chris to celebrate his acceptance into NC State. I had brought Chicken Stew with me from ME and we had it with rice and green beans and fruit salad and Sister Shuberts rolls. LOVE SISTER SHUBERT! I needed cool whip for the salad, so I sent Chris to the grocery store and we all decorated really quick while he was gone. He was surprised and it was alot of fun. We are all very proud of him.

Linley is babysitting this morning and when she gets off we are going to Cracker Barrel for Breakfast. Maine does not have Cracker Barrels, so I have been craving it. And our plans for the afternoon is pretty much lay around and nap. I think I will be able to comply.

I know that I have been rambling.........hope you were able to follow. I will try to update again tonight.



Yvonne said...

Yea! Glad to hear you made it safely there! Sounds like you are having a great time - in spite of the fact that your car got hit! Keep updating as much as you can!

Anonymous said...

Fran - wish I'd known you were in Raleigh! How long will you be there? You can't count on the kids to pass along important information like this.