Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Happy Birthday Dick!

Well, I am officially married to an old man. I never thought the day would come. It is hard to believe that the 16 year old boy I fell in love with so long ago is actually 50. Time sure has flown by. And I want it to slow down!

The Birthday Boy had an "almost" surprise......his mother and I planned for her to fly up and surprise him. Now how fun that would be! Well, nosy britches found out and so we decided to surprise her. And we did at the airport. We really enjoyed having her here. Monday night, Julianne took her daddy's keys and let herself into his office and decorated it good! He was very surprised when he got to work. He blamed everyone there.......until he noticed that a picture of Julianne had been moved to the front of his family pictures! Leave it to Julianne! After I took Gran Gran to the airport, I headed to the mill and set up a conference room with a big birthday cake. Someone got a wheelchair from First Aid and wheeled Dick from his office to the conference room! I think he was surprised. He got a gift bag of funny gag gifts for "old" people. The funny thing is he can use about half the stuff! He also got a box of candy that was popular when he was a kid. Earlier that morning, his sister Debbie sent him a bouquet of black balloons. So I think he had a good birthday at work. When he got home, we had leftovers from the night before. His mom made roast and potatoes and carrots and broccoli. And I made him the birthday cake he wanted.....Dump Cake! So don't feel too bad about him eating leftovers for his birthday! Thanks Gran Gran. And for his birthday, Dick got a new, fancy, IPOD! Of course, that is going to require some time to work with and it is budget time at the mill right now, so it will have to wait.

So Happy Birthday my love! I hope we both have 50 more together! I love you!

4 comments:

JJ said...

Happy Birthday Dad!

Yvonne said...

Happy Birthday, Dick! They say Fifty is Nifty....but I wouldn't know about that.......yet!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dick! Actually 50 is the new 30. So shine up your new walker and enjoy.

You are very fortunate to have a family who loves you so very much.

All the best,

Nancy in Florida

Pop Guru said...

Tell Dick happy birthday for me!