Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Happy Tuesday! How's things in your part of the world? I say world because I have readers in Italy, so I don't want them to feel left out! Yes, this is a popular blog.....hahahahahaha!

As most of you know who read this fairly regularly, I decorated for Christmas the weekend before Thanksgiving. I cannot tell you how freeing that is is to know that it is done and you don't have to worry about that. It is like I have finished with Thanksgiving and my house is decorated and I can concentrate on the celebration of Christmas and not feel total stress. This morning, I was reading some of the blogs that I have started reading and they have some fabulous ideas about decorating and so there are a few things that I want to try. It is fun to do something new because you want to, not because you have to get those %@*&! decorations up! So I am excited about doing those. I have been having trouble posting pictures to my blog, but I will try and get some up after I have finished. Hopefully.

Speaking of new blogs I read......I want all of you to read these. They are really talented women who have generously put their homes and ideas on their blog. I think you will absolutely love them! I will be putting their links on my recommended reading....hopefully today. "Hope" is the theme today!

Okay....I am feeling some self inflicted stress. I want to find a new couch, recliner and chairs for the family room. Before Christmas. Like yesterday. I went to another furniture store yesterday and actually brought home a pillow to see how it went and I wanted to throw up. Yuck! The fabric did not match at all....it was repulsive. I am not going to paint. I am thinking about going to Portland to see what I can find down there. Stress.......

Went to my favorite store yesterday! Found me some treasures at the Goodwill. I am going to try and take pictures and post them.......yet again. Hopefully. I need to be a personal shopper at the Goodwills. Of course there could be a problem with that. I would have to be allowed to keep anything that I was looking for for you if I really liked it. That could be a problem.

Let me know how yall are doing and what kind of fun, beautiful, gorgeous decorating you are doing. I love getting new ideas. Of course my ideas don't always translate into actually doing them....but I file them away in my internal filing cabinet. Things have been lost there, but I eventually find them.

Talk to you later.....Tootles!




3 comments:

Philigry said...

can't wait to see your decorations! and i can't wait to meet you soon!

Kellan said...

I hope you find your furniture before Christmas - I'm that way about things, want it yesterday! I am in the process of still decorating - hope to have most of it done by tomorrow. BTW, I'm Kellan - nice to meet you.

BigHeadFred411 said...

My Dearest Frannycakes,

Please don't hesitate to ask me for decorating advice. I know that I was able to help you in the past, and if you thought those ideas were good, boy do I have some doozies for you now.

Give me a call,

Sincerely,

Fred

P.S. If Tricky Dicky is handy with some wood working tools, I have drawn up some terrific plans for building beautiful furniture out of trees commonly found in your area. The furniture is really comfortable. I built mine out of Birch, but I think it would look lovely done in White Ash or even Pine for a more "country" look. Remember, I am always here for you. :)