Friday, June 13, 2008

Hey Yall! I have been a very busy Frannycakes! Project after project, delay after delay and I've actually completed about half of two projects. And my burning question for my readers, all 5 of you, is why is it that when you have a project going on that the rest of your house goes to hell in a hand basket? I came inside to have a sandwich and read blogs and I look around and all I can see is pollen, dirt and things that don't belong where they are. The vacuum will have to come out. I can't stand the rug to look like this. And I can see foot prints on the hardwood floors because the pollen is so thick! No wonder my eyes feel like I have been crying all day and my sinuses are about to explode!

Yesterday, I decided to recover my chair seats on my dining room chairs. These chairs were my grandmothers. I love them. A lot. They have probably never been properly cleaned. At least not since I have had them. So I removed the seats and took them to the garage. I used something I got at home depot along with fine steel wool to clean those things up! I thought maybe it would take me an hour....HA!........Four hours later I was bringing them back in the house. But they look wonderful. Last night, I recovered the seats and put them back on the chairs. They look like new chairs! I am excited!

Today I got up to do what I had actually planned to do yesterday. We took the kitchen chairs and table to the garage a couple of days ago. I have been wanting to paint them black. So I got the paint but either the day was too hot, too humid, too rainy, too windy.......you understand, right? Well, yesterday was too windy. Plus we have this pollen problem, so I had to postpone painting again. Today we had just a little breeze so I started spraying. The chairs look so good! I am not finished yet. I am letting the first couple of coats dry good then I will move the all to the back yard shade. Hopefully by then my "trigger" finger will have feeling again.

So now you know what I have been doing and not doing along with no blogging yesterday. I think I will get the vacuum out and get that over with first. I will talk to you later and hopefully have some pictures! Tootles!

3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh baby we've got pollen too!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

Anonymous said...

Let's see, keeping the children from killing each other. Just finished the breakfast dishes only to find out it's time for lunch...blogging...blogging...it never ends!

kari and kijsa said...

Blogging away!! Our pollen seems to not be too bad right now! and as for the children...mmmm

blessings,
kari & kijsa