Sunday, December 6, 2009



Hey Yall! Have any of you finished your Christmas shopping? Don't tell me if you have.....I don't know why I asked that cause I would probably take you off my friend list if you have finished. I have done almost all of my shopping on-line this year. I still have a couple of things that I need to go to a store to get. But all in all, this year has been easy. We are having a smaller Christmas. BE PREPARED CHILDREN!!!!!! It just gets a little ridiculous after a while. I think we will have a wonderful time together and celebrate the true meaning of Christmas.

This morning started out with Mr. Frannycakes having to go to work to check on some things that weren't working correctly. When he got home, he fired up his smoker and put some chickens in to cook. Tonight we had smoked chicken, roasted potatoes, butternut squash, brussel sprouts and okra. I love roasting vegetables. It brings out the delish flavor of the vegetables and is so easy to do. The smoked chicken was tender and moist and thankfully we have some for leftovers tomorrow. That Mr. Frannycakes is getting right talented with his cooking. I think I will keep him.

It is about time to turn in for the night for me. Weezie has already started the snoring and I can't even hear the TV.

Talk to you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm no where near done with holiday prep. I've got sooo much to do (and sew much to do!).

Smoked chicken... awesome, especially with brussels sprouts. Let us know when you're serving it again and I'll bring dessert...

:-D)

Beth said...

the dog is cute but enough already. show us something else.