Friday, December 28, 2007

Evil Almond Bark

Hello. My name is Fran and I am a sugar-holic. They say admitting your problem is the first step. I hope it works. I made some fabulous sweets for Christmas. Unfortunately, they happen to be sweets that I love...crave...lust over. I don't even need to melt the bars of almond bark to eat them. Hell, I will eat it whole. Doesn't even matter. And I used 4 packages of almond bark in making different treats. As of 6 o'clock tonight, if these sweets are not eaten, they will be thrown away. I cannot handle having them in the house. Having sugar in my body changes my entire personality. I feel really sorry for alcoholics and drug addicts. It takes control of you. Your body craves it. And I hate the way it makes me feel and act. Yet I can't resist it.

I am back on my diet. I still have some more poundage I want to lose. And I really have no trouble staying on it as long as I don't have almond bark laying around the house. One desert for Dick doesn't temp me. Plastic containers of almond bark in various forms kill me.

Everyone is warming up their own lunch. Dick finished up the shrimp and grits. I made chicken and dumplings last night. Chris, Linley and Julianne are having that. It may be a "take us out to dinner, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!" night. Okay Dick? I know you read this.........

I have found myself wanting to pack up some Christmas stuff. I can tell it is only a matter of time.

We got some snow yesterday and last night. Everything is pretty and white again. We need a new layer every few days.

Chris and Linley are heading for Freeport after they eat. Chris got some money for Christmas and it is burning a hole in his pocket. LL Bean built a new fishing and hunting store next to their huge store and he is looking for fly fishing stuff. I think I will pass on this trip. I need to go check out some things in Auburn, but I don't want to go to Freeport.

We got a Christmas card today from some sweet friends that live in North Carolina. Dick went to college and was roommates with "Peanut". Peanut and Mrs. Peanut are from a part of Georgia that I was born and lived for part of my childhood. Peanuts mother was my first grade teacher that I still love her to this day. I wish we all lived closer to each other. It was great to get their pictures! And I must admit that when I read that Peanut was 50, I was shocked.....until I realized that Dick is 50. Of course I am a little bit down the road.......but not too far from it. But the important part is that "I" am not there yet! Or Mrs. Peanut!

I guess that is all I have right now. I will try to post later tonight. Tootles.

10 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Oh Girlfriend...I soooo know what you mean. I'm a sweets/sugar- aholic myself. BIG TIME!

Hugs!
Kat

Philigry said...

i loved looking at all of these pictures on your blog. those sledding ones look great! i have had to urge to pack up some of the christmas stuff too adn spring clean. i think that is what i will be doing this weekend!
glad you had a great christmas!

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow is pack up and clean up, but I haven't let anyone around her know about that, because they just don't understand!!!!!
Elaine

Yvonne said...

Okay, we really ARE the SAB twins! I went to my Weight Watchers meeting this morning - and I am up 8 POUNDS from my goal weight (and I decided that my goal weight is actually about 5-7 pounds higher than it should be....)so I have renewed my will power - with my white almond cranberry crunch bark beckoning me from across the room!!! I think when no one is looking I'm gonna pitch it all! Sugar is my addiction, too. I crave it - I'm craving it right now just thinking about it!!! Ahhhhh!!!!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

New Year~ New diet!
I am ready to toss the junk out as well. If it is there I'm eating it.
Loved the pictures of the snow, we miss that here.

Mary said...

Fran,
I think you should pack up all that evil almond bark, and send it straight to me! :)

Have a very happy new year!
xoxo,
Mary

Unknown said...

Hi Fran,

Okay, this totally speaks to me. I wrote on someone blog that I never met a sweet I didn't like and just having one sweet doesn't make me happy, I have to have two or three or...well you know what I mean. I hope you have a Happy New Year.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Happy New Year, Fran! I know about that almone bark. I made some yummy stuff for Christmas & darn it if I didn't leave it all at my parents in GA. I really wanted it too!

Have a good one!
Rhoda

Sandra Evertson said...

Happy New Year!
Sandra Evertson

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

You mean to tell me that I am still going to have a hard time letting him go when he is 26!! Darn, I thought it would get easier! :-)

Hallie
http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com/