Thursday, January 17, 2008

Chris and the Kidney Stone

Hey Yall! I just wanted to update you on Christopher's appointment. Since the doctor did not have the CT Scan from the hospital here in Maine, he could only go on the film he had taken yesterday. He thinks it "may" have moved some based on the location we were told at the ER. However, he won't know for sure until he sees those films. He has given Chris a different painkiller so he will be able to function as a student better, a steriod to reduce any swelling the stone may be causing (so it can move on along!) and something that Chris said "they give old people so they can pee"! Well, I guess that is a good thing! He has another appointment in 5 weeks....sooner if he is having any other problems. At that time, if he has not passed it, then he will have to use other means to try and get it out. Let's all pray it will be out by then. And soon. I know Chris is getting tired of all of this.

I have been useless today. And what is different from today than every other day...Well, I have had Chris on my mind and I just can't seem to get started on the millions of things that I need to do. There was a segment on The Today Show a few days ago about tackling big jobs. Yes, The Today Show is my favorite....for obvious reasons....I think I am going to have to get up earlier because Matt Man leaves at 9 and since Christmas I have been getting up kind of late. I won't say the time, cause my man is a faithful reader of this literature, but let's just say I do get to see a little bit of Matt Man. I do need to get up earlier and I am trying to adjust my bedtime schedule. But I have to do it gradually because I am having a hard time getting to sleep if I go to bed too early. But I am working on it.

But.....where was I? The segment on tackling big jobs said to list the big job then break it down into a lot of little jobs. So maybe I need to do that. Or just wait till my next burst of cleaning/organizing/decorating energy hits me. Cause we all know.....use it or lose it! And I wouldn't want to waste it while I have it!

I'll talk to you later! Tootles!

No comments: