Sunday, August 10, 2008

I Need Your Help

Hey Yall. Frannycakes needs your help today.

Many, many years ago even though it feels like just yesterday, I had a group of friends who bonded together in a special way. One of the glues that bonded us was we all seemed to have our children at the same time. We lugged diaper bags and strollers and beach toys together because you really have to love each other to want to go places and be together that much! And we loved each others babies and they became a part of our hearts too. And today part of my heart is aching.

Beth and Scott's son Scotty was in an automobile accident early Saturday morning in Jacksonville, FL. He was thrown from the car and is in ICU in Jacksonville and on a ventilator because lungs are badly bruised. He also broke vertebra close to his neck. He moves arms and hands, but has no sensation below that at this time. He is sedated enough to keep him from fighting the ventilator, but has to keep conscious enough for evaluation. They are waiting to hear from the neuro-surgeon as to whether the trauma/bruising/swelling is keeping him from feeling the bottom half of his body or if there is spinal cord damage.

Scotty is serving in the Navy and is stationed at Mayport. I spoke to Beth last night. She sounded scared. She sounded heart broken. She sounded exhausted. So I am asking all of you who read this to do the most important thing you can do for her and her son Scotty and that is to pray for Scotty and Beth and Scott. Please do this for them.


3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

certainly will do honey...

hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that breaks my heart. They will be in my thoughts.

Lamp Tramp said...

I'm so sad to hear this. Scotty and all his family will be in my list to pray for. xoxo