Monday, August 11, 2008

Update

Hey Yall. Beth and Scott were finally able to talk with the Neuro-Surgeon yesterday. The news was not what they had hoped for. There has been spinal cord damage. His lungs are still very bruised. They had to reinflate one lung and do some other procedures on the other. Because he has been fighting the respirator, they have heavily sedated him. The nurses have told them to come in and talk to him even though he will not be able to show any response. His lung problems must improve before they are able to do surgury to prevent any further spinal damage.

I have not talked with Beth since their meeting with the surgeon. Elaine is relaying all the information to friends so she can concentrate on Scotty and her immediate family. Once again I am asking you to pray for Scotty and his family.

Thank you.

5 comments:

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Life can change in a moment.
We never know.
Of course they have our prayers.

Lamp Tramp said...

I'm still praying and sending all my best, wonderful positive energy thoughts for Scott! Think only good things....xoxo

Liz Harrell said...

I'll keep them in my prayers. Thanks for the update.

Yvonne said...

They will be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Oh these poor people. My heart and prayers go out to them in this very stressful situation.