Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Lucky Day!



Hey Yall! Today I decided to stop by the Goodwill to see if I could find a couple of things that we have been looking to get for Julianne's apartment. Due to the fact that our children have lived in about a thousand different apartments (Jamie himself probably lived in 750 different ones), I refuse to buy new things for these new abodes. The first Goodwill I went to I came up empty handed. I almost headed home, but at the last minute decided to go to the other one. When I got there, I headed back to the furniture. I immediately saw this cute tray table that was painted yellow. The price was $3.99. Yep, it was in my price range! Into the buggy you go! Then, I turned and looked over at the pictures they had leaning against the wall. Oh my gosh! There was a water color print of some churches in Charleston, SC. The print was numbered and signed and beautifully framed and matted. It measured 22x18. And it was in good shape. And the price? $6.99!!!!! We lived in Georgetown, SC which is about an hour north of Charleston. My son Jamie graduated from the College of Charleston. So this is a print that I love! I am so glad that I decided to go on to the second store! You just never know!

I will take some pictures of the yellow tray table and post them tomorrow. Tootles!

4 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

wonderful find!!! i love poking around the goodwill! and i sure leave them lots of donations too! ha ha

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Lamp Tramp said...

What a great find! Have you painted her apartment yet?

Anonymous said...

Hey what luck. I love finding stuff like that.

JJ said...

Now that is a pretty picture. What are the chances of finding that in Maine? Well.....the chances are good when frannycakes is looking for treasure. You have the best luck.