Friday, May 25, 2007

I know you probably get tired of me telling you about my fondness of Maine. You will be happy to know that I have a grip about it too. Today our temperature is supposed to reach 94. I know, I know......most of my readers (family and friends) experience these temperatures all the time. Well, there is one big difference. You have air conditioning and I DO NOT! Houses here do not have central air conditioning. And most of the time there is no need for it. We have 3 window units that we put in during the summer and take out in the fall. Dick put a unit in our bedroom and a unit in Julianne's bedroom. When he gets back, we will put the larger unit in the den. But in the meantime........

I think I will take off and plan to spend some time in the air conditioned stores. Julianne wants to go see a movie tonight. The air conditioning will be the best part of the evening.

Well, that is the end of your weather forecast for Maine...........back to your part of the world..........

Tootles!

2 comments:

The Curmudgeon said...

Aren't the window units enough for a 94ยบ day? I mean, if you can close off that room and limit your trips in and out....

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

no central air?? wow, that is scary for a floridian!!! (or floridiot as they are fond of calling us! ha ha)

smiles, bee