Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Today started out like most of my days......coffee, Today Show, email, coffee, news, coffee, blogs, coffee..........you get the idea. I decided to do the cleaning I needed to do then take a bath so I went ahead and got dressed. I would have just kept on my sexy flannel pj's but since the golf course opened, there are golfers everywhere and some of the work I had to do was outside. I cleaned off the back porches and the front side porch. I pulled some weeds and picked up a couple of golf balls. Then I went inside to do what I have been putting off since the ground thawed.........well, maybe not that long, but for a while. I cleaned the downstairs bath (No, I had not been putting that off...it gets done a couple of times a week), vacuumed the hardwood floors and moved furniture to get it all (Ugh), vacuumed the carpets, cleaned the inside of the window seals since the windows have been open, clean baseboards (ugh), mopped all the floors downstairs, washed 4 loads of clothes PLUS throw rugs, dusted, and cleaned the kitchen. I finally got in the shower at 4. We had grilled hamburgers (beef and turkey, separate, not together) and salad for dinner. And no one even had an idea what I did today! Tomorrow I will do everything I did today but do it upstairs. Maybe.....

Dick took his truck in today to get it repaired from when it got hit while I was in Raleigh many moons ago. I know he will be happy to have it returned in perfect condition. Then I am taking it with me to Raleigh, then on to Pawleys Island and back to Raleigh to move into the condo. I know Chris will be excited to not have party central living underneath him. I think it has just about gotten on his last nerve.

Jamie is in Jacksonville working for a couple of days this week. I can't wait to hear about his visit with Annie and Bailey! He was going by to see his "peeps" at his previous employment. And Aunt Vickie and Gran Gran were going down to see him too. I hope he remembers why he is down there!

Julianne seems to be enjoying her summer job. She was tired when she came home today and went to bed early early! It has been nice having her here with us.

I can't believe that the wedding is just around the corner! I am getting a little bit nervous thinking that there must be more that I should be doing. I was hoping that we could find a cheap flight so we could fly to the wedding, but it doesn't look like that will be possible. So road trip here we come!

I think I need to go on to bed.....I am starting to see double.

I will talk to you later....Tootles!

1 comment:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh my i would have taken a week to do all that work! wow! i am impressed girl...

smiles, bee