Friday, April 18, 2008


Hey Yall! Okay....you may have guessed this already...or maybe not....I am in a funk. A major funk. Why? Well if I knew that I could get out of it! I don't have any reason to be in one. Maybe it is being in the cold and snow for so long. Maybe it is because I am missing everyone so bad. Maybe it is because my body needs a tan bad. I have even considered going to the tanning bed......something I said I would never, ever do. But I am about to.... Maybe it is because I am bored.... I have been by myself alot lately. Dick has been having alot of dinner meetings. But this is not his fault. I just need to get out of this funk. In a week I will be leaving for a trip down south and hopefully that will be just what the doctor ordered! I hope.

I am so agravated with blogger. I had a wonderful post complete with a couple of pictures and only one of the pictures would upload. I needed both pictures to do the post, so I saved it and will post it once I can get the other picture to upload. UGH!

I have added some new blogs under Frannycakes Recommended Blogs. Go check them out. One of my favorites is Mack's Mess. It is "written" by a Boston Terrier named Mack and is from his point of view. It is hilarious! If you go, be sure and go back and read previous pages. His April Fool's post was so funny. Mack's momma is one funny person....not that she writes this stuff or anything.....

You know I love me some Today Show. I can't decide if I like Kathie Lee on the last hour or not. Maybe after they stop that promotion of her and how great she is and how lucky we are to have her I will like it better. What do you think?

My daddy just loves Kathie Lee. So much. He loves to tell me about how she makes little children sew her clothes for pennies. In sweatshops. For long hours. I hear about this just about everytime we are together. I did like her and Regis together. I didn't miss them. They were good together. I am just not sure I like her and Hoda. I can't stand how she calls Hoda "Hoda Woman" and how Hoda gushes when she talks. Come on Hoda........

My plans for the weekend include starting to paint my kitchen table and chairs. I am painting them black. I can't wait. I know I will feel like I have a new table and chairs. I would have loved to have done this around Christmas, but paint needs the temperature to be above freezing and the garage isn't heated. I could have done it in the basement, but didn't want the paint fumes in the house. So, maybe this project will get me out of a funk. We will see. I am afraid it will take more than paint to take care of it.

Well, the washing machine is beeping telling me that it is finished so I better go finish that job. I will talk to you later....Tootles!

3 comments:

OKGardners said...

I found you on Rhoda's blog "Southern Hospitality" and thought you needed a kind word to help you. Your blog is cute.


Oh, I hate being in a FUNK! Get outside and do something different and fun. I have had bouts of depression and it is no fun.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love & Prayers,
Betty in Oklahoma

LSJ said...

I cant wait to see you when you make your trip down south!

And stop those thoughts about the tanning bed right no! I have the perfect solution for you!...

Come Easter time I knew I needed a tan, but I was not going to the tanning bed (although, it provides the perfect napping environment!) So I was in CVS and checking out the sunless tanning section and I saw Jergens Express Lotion (3 days). It was the Friday before, so it was pretty much the only option I had. It worked some kind of miracle! By Sunday I looked like I had spent the entire summer on the beach. And after the tree days, I think you only have to reapply once a week. It doesnt smell funky either! You should definitely try it!

Chris and I love and miss you!

Mack said...

Hi Fran. Mack T. Beans here.
My mom has been in a super duper blue funk as well. She says her job is boring, she has too much housework, etc. etc. I really don't understand - she's got ME!!! Silly woman.......