Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hey Yall! We had horticulture day here at our house yesterday. It was that time to go outside and tackle the yard and all the mess that was left after the snow melted. Well, most of the snow melted. We still have an island of snow left in the back yard and a couple of islands in the side yard. Keep in mind that we have had weather in the 70's the past few days. It takes a while for this much snow to melt. I had to rack out snow to clean one flower bed. It just does not seem natural to me to have to do this!

The yard was a mess. Keep in mind that we have not been without snow since the beginning of December. Every snow storm would cause some small limbs to break off. Leaves and pine straw were mixed into the snow. Just a mess. My front flower bed did not fare well. It had at least 4 feet of snow most of the time. The box woods were split. I had to cut them down to pretty much nothing. I don't know if they will come back right, but I figured I had nothing to lose. If they don't recover, I will just pull them up and replace them. My oak leaf hydrangea had several limbs that were split under all the pressure. So it has been trimmed back and hopefully will recover too.

We finally finished up around 4. Dick and I can hardly move. We are pathetic! My arm, back and hands hurt! Dick's knee, hands and back hurts. We are moving around like we are 100 years old! There are a few more things that need to be done outside but I think we will have to put it off till next weekend!

For dinner last night we went to a little hamburger place on the highway. We ordered and then sat in the truck and ate and watched people. It had gotten kind of chilly plus I had not put on make up after my shower. So that was kind of fun. I am glad we tried this place again because our first experience there was awful. Not that this time was fabulous, but for a roadside drive in kind of place it was good.

After dinner we drove to Home Depot. Dick got some screen to replace the screen on the back door that Weezie has clawed when she is terrified that someone has left her out in zero degree weather and forgotten about her. Now that has not happened....too many times. While he was getting the screen, I looked at the rugs and found a jute rug for under the table in the kitchen. It has a green canvas binding. I can't wait to put it down. The rug I have under the table now is too small. Maybe, just maybe blogger will let me post a picture of it. Maybe.

I will talk to you later! Tootles!

No comments: