Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Where in the World is Frannycakes? Part 2


Hey Yall! Greetings from Pawleys Island where we have the heat on! Can you believe it? And let me tell you, the heat feels good coming from the vents....real good! Sorry about not posting yesterday. We were very very busy. Scratch that. We were not busy. We did have things to do and people to see and food to eat and naps to take......Did you hear that? Naps to take? I took the most glorious nap yesterday. But I guess I will start at the beginning cause I know you are wanting to hear ALL the details. Okay, okay. Virginia and I accompanied Elaine to interview a caterer for Mary Ann's wedding. That was exciting. I remember the nervousness I experienced just talking to the people at the hotel where we were having Jamie and Lesley's rehearsal dinner. I can't imagine planning a wedding! But that was exciting and we meet with another caterer today. After our meeting we headed to check out a furniture store because Elaine was looking for a love seat for the beach house. After looking at the beeeeeeeautiful furniture, we headed to Steinmart because Frannycakes does not have a Steinmart in Maine and she loves Steinmart! Then it was time to EAT! We met Bethie at Pawleys Island and had a delicious lunch. Nothing better than eating good food with good friends!

Elaine had to tutor so she dropped Virginia and me off at the beach house. We had talked about laying out in the sun between the dunes cause it was just too dang cold to lay out on the beach. There is just something wrong about lathering up with sunscreen when the heater is on in the house. After getting my stomach full, all I could think about was wrapping up in a blanket and taking me a nap! And that is just what I did. And it was GLORIOUS!

For dinner, we had chicken enchiladas and as usual, we were delish. After dinner, my boyfriend John, who also happens to be Elaine's husband, herded up us and drove us to Brusters for ice cream. And it also was delish!!!!! Thank you John!

So what do we have planned for today? Well.....we have another appointment with a caterer and since we will be in Georgetown we are going to the Ball and Que for lunch. Yum Yum Yum. I do love a little food with my grease. Nothing like good country cooking! And after that? Well who knows. I will let you know later!

Friday, I head to St. Marys with a detour to Statesboro. Monday I head to Raleigh. I can't wait to take care of my Bo Bo. Then on Friday, Dick, Julianne, Jamie and Lesley arrive for the weekend celebration of Linley's graduation from North Carolina State University. I can't wait to see everyone!

I talked to Julianne yesterday and she wanted me to give her a shout out on my blog. So without further adieu......HEY Julianne!

I guess I will go get another cup of coffee and get ready for some serious chit chat. I will talk to you later! Tootles!

3 comments:

Julie said...

HEY MOMMY!!!!!!
I've been studying for the past 72 hours.
Weezy has been snoring for the past 72 hours.

Julie said...

oh yeah:
Will you go to Landolfi's and eat a raspberry cheesecake for you and a tiramisu for me?
Thanks!

Lamp Tramp said...

Glad you are in God's country. My son wants to move there to live after graduation next year. Talking about a possible Masters degree at College of Charleston...hhmm, I can only hope!
Have a great time, wish I could be with you!!! xoxo