Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Lazy Day Remembered...

Hey Yall! Weezie had a good day yesterday. She was sent home with some pain killers and has been getting them every 12 hours. She is moving around much better than I would be. She prefers to go back up the steps by herself. I cringe each step she takes. I can tell she is being a little more careful about it, but does it anyway. On Tuesday afternoon when we went to pick her up, I was wondering how in the world I was going to be able to manage to get those pills down her throat. Cause she doesn't like taking them at all! Sitting there waiting for them to call us back, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a package of Greenies brand pill pockets. It is a soft little "treat" that has a little pocket in it that you can place the pill into and your dog will gobble it on down cause it tastes so good! They are kind of big. So I cut it in half and use one part for her pain pill and one part for her antibiotic. She swallows it so fast that she never even knows there is anything in it!

Yesterday was a yucky day here. It was cold and overcast. I eventually broke down and took a shower and dressed. Weezie was a little ticked off cause she wanted me to stay in my pj's all day. But for some reason I didn't think Dick would go for that, so I showered and dressed. I had some things I needed to paint, so I got the craft paint out and started....

This was a planter that I had found at GW for 99 cents. Someone had sponged on some green paint. I spray painted it black a couple of days ago. You know what they say...."Some spray paint each day keeps the doctor away" or something like that.....and then decided to do a little painting on it. It actually turned out very cute. I have something in mind to put in it. I will post that when I get it done.

Can you figure out what these are? You will have to wait till I finish them to find out, but I wanted to show you how cute the paint turned out.

I made a pot of red chicken stew yesterday also. It will feel good to put some in the freezer for future meals. I love the feeling of being able to go to the freezer and take out our dinner. Especially when it is red chicken stew! Yum!

Yesterday was spent pretty much all downstairs. But today I need to do some work upstairs, so I will take the Weez and her bed upstairs. She pretty much prefers to be on our bed. Probably because she remembers how great it felt to sleep there. Unfortunately, she snores too loud to sleep with us any longer.

I guess that is all for now....you never can tell what might pop in my head later....

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Red chicken stew sounds wonderful! I know Weezie loves being with you where ever you go. :)

Anonymous said...

Wrappinsg sliced cheese around pills is also an excellent way to administer meds to your dog! tell Weez I hope she continues to feel better each day....
Elaine

Unknown said...

the paintings look real nice! i love them!

oh. my. goodnes! red chicken stew, i would love some right this second! would you send that recipe my way???

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i wish somebody would put my pills inside a little treat! like a little cupcake maybe?

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxox

Darlene said...

I am so glad that Weezie is feeling much better....poor little baby with having to have a surgery. My young poodle has to take her pills in a pill pocket...she loves those too!

Your painted pretties look GREAT...I can't wait to see what you are going to do with the large finial thingys!!