Friday, October 24, 2008

Whiner

Hey Yall! You are warned! I am whining. What is up with my head? My sinuses are going haywire! I woke up at 7 this morning. Not my usual wake up time. Why did I wake up at 7? Because yesterday I had to go have lab work (usual "high cholesterol on medication check levels" lab work) and didn't want to over sleep, so I set the alarm on my cell phone. I THOUGHT I had deleted this alarm off my phone. The key word here is thought, cause I know I can't rely on THOUGHT, especially mine. Anyway. At 7 this morning, my alarm went off. What's the problem you say. Just turn the dang thing off and roll over like you usually do and go back to sleep. Yeah, well, I would have done that IF my phone was upstairs. But it was downstairs. And if my cell phone goes off at 7 am, then there is an emergency with someone I love. Cause Dick would never, ever call me at 7 just to chit chat. Not that he ever calls me to just chit chat.... Anyway.......I jumped up out of the bed and Bam! My head feels like it has been hit by a Mack Truck. Literally. And I run, open the door, and hurry as fast as I can down the stairs which isn't very fast cause I am terrified of falling down stairs because I am very capable of doing just that. I immediately wake up Weezie who is ticked cause it is too early for her to wake up and grab the phone ONLY to see that there is no emergency and it is only my cell phone alarm and worst of all I am now awake. And it is cold. And my head has been hit by a Mack Truck. And really the absolutely worst part is my Vick's Vapor Rub is upstairs. Which means I have to go back up and get it. I'm lazy like that. So I turn on the TV, open up my 'puter, and get a cup of coffee. AND delete the 7 am alarm off my cell phone.

It is now 10:26 am. I have had 4 cups of coffee, a tylenol sinus (my personal drug of choice), three advil (no lectures please....I know how to medicate myself....I was a physician in a former life! Hey! If Reba can be a man in her former life, I can be a physician. And I really was one in my former life, just ask me!) and I have my back up cocktail of a goody powder and real live sugar laced Coke waiting for me if all of this does not work. I told you I was once a Physician. And a girl scout. Be prepared. And the Vick's Vapor Rub? Well, it is still upstairs unused because I am lazy like that. I can't help it. It is an affliction. Physician heal thyself. When you feel better.

Only to the next affliction. What is up with this! My arm is hurting. Don't worry....not the heart attack type of hurt. The "ice skating" broken arm type of hurt. Remember? Yeah, me too. It feels like I just broke it again. Kind of. I guess I slept on it wrong. Cause I know I haven't been doing anything strenuous....

Tired of the whining yet? Yeah, me neither....you are warned, AGAIN!

9 comments:

bj said...

Good morning, Fran...oops..so sorry you are under the weather. This is a bad time of year for sinus troubles and allergies...
The cruise.....it was a trip of a lifetime and I am pretty sure we would never be able to get that many of our family together for 7 straight days again...ever!! Everything just seemed to fall into place...my son, owner of two businesses, got a break, they just took all the kids out of school for the week, we got fabulous prices due to the off-season, son in law was able to postpone some business deals....God just wanted Bill and I to have this great experience with our kids and grandkids and I will thank HIM for the rest of my entire life!!!
Now...I WANNA GO AGAIN !!! haha
I've got a girlfriend that is itching to go....hmmmmmmm......
love, bj

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

honey that's not whining, that's just explaining stuff... and if my day had started like yours, i would have explained a bit myself! ha ha

feel better my friend!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I have my back up cocktail of a goody powder and real live sugar laced Coke waiting for me if all of this does not work

Spoken like a true southerner... bwahahahaahahahaa!

I'm a grand-daughter of a physician and the daughter of a self-made one, so I understand. I come by my "doctoring" naturally! LOL! Oh, and I worked for a PBM and took PharmTech courses...

AND I stayed at a Holiday Inn!
Bwahahahaahahahahaha!

Darlene said...

Oh gosh, I HATE your kind of morning that you are having!! I am so sorry about your head....I know how bad that is cause I get migraines...I always WAKE UP with mine. Like a truck went KA-POW during the night in your head!

I hope you do feel better soon. Sometimes if I can go back to sleep it helps a bit (oh, that is after taking all the prescription drugs & putting on the patch I have).

Unknown said...

Hi Fran,

I'm not really laughing at your pain but you had me laughing this whole post. :-) It's sounds like something I would do. Hope you feel better soon.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Awww...well I hope you're feeling better. Have you tried Zyrtec? I find it helps me faster than Tylenol Sinus. I hate it when I sleep on my arm weird!

Manuela

LSJ said...

Oh Mrs Fran! I hope you start feeling better. Maybe you should take a nap, a real long nap! And I hope little Weezie feels better too and Tuesday goes well! I am thinking about you both! Miss you!!

Mack said...

Mom takes at least 1 Excedrin every day of her life, and most days two!

Sorry you are feeling under the weather. Could it be the change in weather? My mom has been hoarse for a couple of weeks now,

We saw those keychains!! And I do believe that is Lilly and I!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

I hope things were better today!