Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Visit with the Sister



Hey Yall! Last weekend, Dick and I drove to see Julianne and take her out to lunch. For the first time since we painted her apartment, I had my camera. We actually have an idiot proof camera and a camera that makes me feel like an idiot. I had been taking pictures of the inside of the apartment and took the above picture of her door and its wreath as we were leaving. I have a hard time trying to see through the view finder with my glasses on. Well, when we got out in the hall, I couldn't even see the door through the camera. Julianne just burst out laughing cause the lens cover was still on it. Duh. See what I mean about idiot? But isn't her wreath cute?


This is in Julianne's pink bedroom. We had to paint over awful, awful old dark wallpaper. It actually turned out pretty cute. I found some shutters back in the spring and painted three white. We are using them as her headboard. The ceilings are tall so it doesn't look as tall in the room as it does in the picture.


The white bedside table was made by Pennsylvania House. I found it at Goodwill for $9.99. I painted it white and it really turned out cute.


Julianne wanted me to make her a tassel, so I whipped this one up for her. She loves bunnies too.


Her apartment came with some furniture in it. One of the pieces what a white desk. Julianne decided she wanted to use it as a make-up table. I mean.....we have our priorities! So I made a skirt to go around it. We slipped in the space that was made to hang up clothes. It fit perfectly. I made a little curtain to go over the top and on one side. She can put baskets over it and still have storage.


Weezie loves to go and visit her sister! She went for the weekend when we celebrated Julianne's birthday.

The next time we visit her I will try and remember to take the camera. One of them. She has a lot of cute things in the apartment I want to show you. And the apartment is in an older house that has been divided into several units. It has lots of character. And the character is much nicer since we painted!


7 comments:

Cottage At Dove Canyon said...

I love that pink bedroom - very cute!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

she is beautiful, and so is the apt!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

i love here apartment! beautiful.

Liz Harrell said...

What an adorable place, and what an adorable girl! She has such a beautiful name!

Katharyn said...

It doesn't look like you are the only Canadian who still lives in Canada to follow Junes blog, but as once of the Canadian's who left I thought I would say...

That doesn't mean I don’t miss the great white...erm... (I'm from Vancouver...) green north. I love my home, but I love my husband and he's just too much of a loud mouthed American to live in Canada (he did try).

Julianne's place looks great, you have a lot of crafting talent. I particularly enjoy the night stand.

Jen Kershner said...

How lucky is she to have such a talented Mom? Her place looks great and she is such a doll!

Anonymous said...

I am very lucky. Thank you for everything! hope you feel better, Ju.