Friday, March 23, 2007

The Big D and I Don't Mean Dallas

It is Friday and I have done a very poor job of blogging this week. Very poor. I have had a little bit of an excuse. As many of you know, I only have one friend here in Maine. And that friend is getting a divorce. It seems her husband decided he didn't love her anymore and is moving out this weekend. This has not been a long time friend.......just a short time friend. And I do not know all details of their relationship, just as I probably wouldn't know all details of even my closest long time friends relationships. I think maybe the reason this has upset me so much is that she is my age. She has 3 children. Two of the children are in college. One child is still at home. She has moved and moved and moved with her husband as he changed positions. She was pretty much a stay at home raise the kids mom. And now she is among many other things worried if she will even have health insurance.

So are you depressed now?

Dick and I are going away this weekend. Just a little get the hell out of here trip. I am smuggling Weezie into the hotel in her beloved Vera Bradley bag of mine. I guess I will have to find somewhere else to put my make-up and assorted other beauty accoutrement's. She is such a sweet baby. She is outside right now. We still have major snow outside even though it has been melting for a couple of days now. And it is soft. She is trying to walk around the back yard and sinks with every step she makes.

I talked to Jamie last night. He seems to be enjoying his job.....as much as you can the first few days when the people that are training you are busy, busy, busy. I explained that everyone is nervous to begin with. He also worked at Macaroni Grill yesterday. He asked the people at one table where they were from and they were from Jacksonville, FL. And they lived on the same road he lived on part of the time he lived there. The next table had a son who goes to the Citadel. It is a small world out there!

I guess I should go get productive. I will talk to you later! Tootles!

No comments: