Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Uncle Mental Pause

First of all, I want to apologize for yesterday's lack of a post. I finally decided to go to Portland and got back around 7. I was tired of just looking and not buying......you know how that can wear you out! I ended up going to bed about 10:30. I have not been sleeping well lately. Well, to clarify that, I have not been sleeping well for the past 3 nights. I can't seem to get into a good deep sleep and I just toss and turn and I am hot and just can't get comfortable. I am thinking it is just about time to retire my sexy flannel pj's and get something that will help me stay a little bit cooler. I can not blame any of this on the weather....it was 8 degrees outside when I finally gave up and came downstairs at 3:30. It hurts me to even type 3:30. And I have been wide awake since that time. Could it be that dreaded....ugh....Uncle Mental Pause?

I have a few things that I have get done today. Plus I have to go to Walmart to get some thread so I can sew on a button for Dick. I have all the basic colors, but of course I need a non basic color thread.

As I am typing this post I can hear the oil company pulling up outside and filling our oil tank with about $500 of fuel. Typing $500 hurts me too! Hopefully, our heating season is coming to a close. Hopefully. It will be nice to be able to open the windows again. I never thought I would ever say that. Way down yonder in the south, it was either heat or air conditioning for me. The thought of opening a window and letting in that humidity and hot air would put me in a bad mood. But we don't have the humidity or the heat up here so opening a window is a good thing. As long as you close it when the winds pick up or everything you have hanging or sitting on tables will be blown away! Remember: Wicked Winds!

I heard from the Virge that Callie and Reese will be on the Today Show on Friday. I will set my alarm so I will not miss a minute of them. (Please make note of that Uncle Mental Pause!) I hope they will have a sign or something so I can pick them out easily. Hint Hint HMMMMM....What could that sign say that would catch my attention??????? FRANNYCAKES!!!!!!!!

I guess it is time to get my rear out of the recliner and get to work. Especially since I have been here since 3:30. UGH!!!!!!!

I will talk to you later......Tootles!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ANd who might Ashley be?

Anonymous said...

It's my brother's birthday and you didn't wish him a happy b'day.

Sincerely,

Not Big Head Fred!!!

LSJ said...

oh mrs. fran, i'm sorry about that uncle.... i miss you!! i've been hanging out with julianne pretty much non-stop the past 48 hours! we have been having a great time! (: