Sunday, March 4, 2007

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggidy Jig!

After two very long days of driving, we finally arrived home around 5:30 last night. A plane trip is very deceptive to the mind when thinking about how far Maine is from "our people". However, a car ride brings nothing but the cold hard truth that we are "a long damn way from home". We started out around 5 from St. Marys, GA and drive to Raleigh, NC to pick up Julianne. We then drove to North Baltimore to spend the night. The exit we took for the hotel was also the exit for the mall and other fabulous stores. One of them was IKEA which I have been dying to go into and look around and maybe even PURCHASE something. I know this is going to be hard to believe, especially those of you who know my love of shopping, but I was just too tired to shop. So we ate at Chic-fil-a and then we went to the hotel. I put on my sexy flannel pj's and checked my email and crawled into the bed. We were all asleep by 9:30. The next morning, we got up around 5 and left shortly after 6. Around New York, we started to see a little bit of snow here and there. The farther north we went, the more we saw. As soon as we crossed into Maine, we saw alot more. Besides being just dog tired, the ride was not bad.....just long. Of course, Dick and I were ready for divorce court when we arrived, but withdrew our papers this morning. No need to worry. The snow here is piled high on each side of the road. Our back yard is pretty deep....almost up to the top of the fence. The deck snow is almost to the top of the table and past the seats of the chairs. Weezie just looks and looks. Dick got out the snow blower and plowed a walkway from the porch to the garage door.

I have my usual excruciating headache I get whenever I leave Maine and come back. It usually takes a couple of days to get over......I looking forward to that. Dick has already exercised and is taking his bath. Julianne is still in bed, where I would still be if my head was not hurting. I am a slug in the recliner blogging. I guess I should go and get a bath.

I plan to let you all know about the fabulous Fiesta given for Jamie and Lesley in South Carolina after my bath. It was wonderful and everyone had such a wonderful time that people did not want to go home.......I will save the details for later today.......

It is wonderful to be back blogging. This recliner just gets the blogging juices flowing.....Tootles!

No comments: