Saturday, March 10, 2007

A Good Day

For the first time in a long time, it is above freezing! And tomorrow is it supposed to rain, not snow! I guess this is the beginning of the end for our snow. Weezie has been enjoying climbing up to the top of the snow from the path that Dick blew out for her. She looks like a little furry mountain climber, so proud of her accomplishments!

Today, the "retired math teacher" called me to tell me that I had thanked everyone who had emailed me and those who had sent cards, but not those who had called and especially not those who had sung to me. Actually, I was trying to forget about that singing part.......She told me that since I had omitted this in my blog that she would not longer call and sing to me on my birthday. If I had only known....I would have started my blog years ago......HaHa......Just kidding! Please let me thank everyone that called that Blessed day. If I forget your name, remember I AM 48 years old and somethings are bound to happen to the memory! Here goes.....

Elaine, thank you so much for calling and singing me such a beautiful birthday song. You have such a beautiful voice and it will be etched in my 48 year old memory forever. I also received your beautiful card today. Even though the woman on it did not look like me (she looked too....um.....hungry), it was a splitting image of Dick. Thank you again. Gran Gran, thank you for your card as well as the wonderful shopping moo-la! Debbie, thank for your birthday call! Mom and Dad, I swear I am 48 (count with your fingers). I swear. Thank you for calling me and wishing me Happy Birthday! Vickie, thank you for calling me all the way from Italy, or It-lee as we like to call it around here. I also enjoyed talking to Delma. Thanks so much. Aunt B also called with a birthday wish....thank you! And of course my precious children called, Jamie from Lexington. You know....the "employed with benefits" Jamie! Thanks Jamie! And Chris and Linley called from Louisiana. Thanks you! Thank you! One and All!

Whew! Today, Dick and I drove to Augusta to eat BBQ and go to Barnes & Noble and Michaels. The BBQ was delish and a nice treat. On the way over, we passed a lake where several people had pulled over to the side of the road and were looking out at the lake. Part of the lake had started to melt. Right on the edge of the ice was a bald eagle. It was big and it was so beautiful! I think he must have been looking for some fish for dinner. While Julianne was here we were going down a road and probably 10 or 15 turkeys were standing right by the road. Dick says they are trying to find food because of the snow covering everything. I guess the eagle was having to do the same thing because the lakes have been iced over for a while. So now I can say I have seen a porcupine, a moose, a skunk 3 times as big as Weezie, and a bald eagle in Maine. Dick told me he would take me places and show me things....oh yeah he has!

It is about bed time so I better go....I will talk with you tomorrow! Tootles!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

so we are the same age, too? Well, you ARE a little older.....I won't be 48 until July 17th...but hurrah for 1959!!!