Thursday, March 8, 2007

It's My Birthday!!!!!!!!


Happy Birthday to Me!!! I have had a wonderful birthday. I got to sleep until 8:30. Then I rolled out of bed and came downstairs for a cup of coffee. I turned on the gas logs and curled up in the recliner and turned on the Today Show. Then I proceeded to check my email. I had some very nice birthday wishes from some very nice people. Thank you!

Julianne and I took our time getting ready and drove to Augusta to do some shopping. On the way, I got me a "Birthday Coolatta". I have been trying to stay away from them for a while now. I am not sure where the Dunkin Donuts Coolatta Rehab is, but I was destined for an intervention if I continued drinking them the way I had been when we moved here.

When we got home, Dick was waiting for us. He had gotten off a little bit early. He surprised me with some beautiful flowers. Isn't he sweet? Then he took us out for dinner. As Julianne said, "In the words of Frannycakes, it is delish!" We shared a desert because we were all very full. It was a great dinner.

Something funny happened this afternoon..........we stopped by the mailbox and Julianne got the mail and handed it to me. I had some birthday cards......Thanks Anne Marie......we danced in the car to the musical card....so funny!........Thanks Gran Gran......I will have fun shopping!..............and Thanks Aunt Dot! Your note was so sweet. In her note, she wrote something about she had enjoyed my blog and reading about my exciting life. Well, I am reading all the cards out loud so Julianne can enjoy them and when she hears what Aunt Dot says, she asks "Are we reading the same blog?" Well, we both burst out laughing! I guess it is all in eyes of the beholder. Julianne does not read that.......Aunt Dot does. Am I living an exciting life......well......somedays yes and somedays no. But I am glad that someone is reading it as exciting......Thanks again everyone who called or emailed or sent me a card. I love you all!

I guess I had better go to bed. We have to get up at 3 to get Julianne to the airport for her 6:00 flight. She is going to be one tired puppy tomorrow. This tired old dog (I don't think I can be classified as a puppy any more!) will be napping tomorrow. I am going to miss my little girl. But I will be making a few trips down there in the next few months. We have to look for somewhere for Chris and Julianne to live next year. They are going to live together. Say a prayer for that!

I will talk to you tomorrow! Tootles!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Happy Birthday to you..and i'm sure it was a great day for you...birthdays are always special days for all of us spent with all our loved ones...well to enjoy some of the birthday fun do drop by my blog on Birthday Celebrations and enjoy all that i've posted there!!!

Yvonne said...

sure.....the one day I miss reading your blog, and you go and have a birthday! Happy Birthday.....a day late!!!! My motto is "celebrate for as long as you can" - so that being said, let me be the first person on the 9th to wish you a Happy Birthday!!!! (I know, lame attempt as an excuse to be late...)

BigHeadFred411 said...

Oh dear Frannycakes. I can't believe I missed the celebration of the anniversary of the glorious day of your birth. I think this deserves one of my famous Birthday Haikus....

happy day of birth
frannycakes virtual friend
all days be sunny

May this next year be your best.

With all my sincere warm love,
Fred