Saturday, January 27, 2007

Cotton Candy


Ever since I can remember, I have loved cotton candy. I used to hope that Santa Claus would bring me a cotton candy machine. Now I am not talking about a wimpy "toy" cotton candy machine..........I talking about the industrial strength kind like they have at the fair type. I could just see myself making cotton candy after cotton candy.......different colors every day. However, Santa Claus must have been running low on the specific type I was requesting because I never did get that cotton candy machine. Dick knows how much I love it. When I was about 6 months pregnant with Jamie, he took me to the Pavilion to get me some. He dropped me off since the traffic was so bad and went around the block to pick me back up. I figured we had driven 30 minutes to get there, so why chance wanting more and having to turn around and go back. So I bought 6 bags. And I probably could have eaten another 6. One Christmas, about 6 or 7 years ago, Dick bought me a toy hand held cotton candy maker. I tell you......I was so thrilled that he knew how much I had wanted one of those. And even though only the kids ever made any cotton candy with it, it was one of the best presents I have ever gotten. Of course, my parents have not forgotten my disappointment. This Christmas, in my present box, I had a package of it. I took it and hid it and after every one left to take their presents upstairs, I took it in the laundry room, opened it up and slowly ate every drop until it was all gone! Hmmmmmmm...........Hello....My name is Fran and I am a cotton candy addict..........

Dick and I went to find him a jacket today. We found one and then came home. We stopped at Dunkin Donuts and he got a hot chocolate and I had an orange Coolata. It is a slushy made with Tropicana Orange Juice with whipped cream on top......yum yum. When we got home, I got out the electric throw blanket and proceeded to stretch out on the couch. It was a glorious nap. Dick said he wanted BBQ for dinner, so we went back to town and ate. It was very good for up here. Tomorrow we are going riding to see some sights. Maybe we will see even more snow than we have here.

I think I have reported on everything for today.....Tootles!

No comments: