Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Last Drops of the Weekend

It has been a few days since I have posted and I apologize to anyone who regularly checks in on me. Friday I went to Target with a friend. Actually my only friend here. The closest Target is about 30 minutes from here. I am still not happy with our bedroom. I found a comforter and pillow shams at TJ Maxx when we first moved here. It is not really what I wanted but it takes me a while to figure out what I want. The bedroom is painted a blue, almost periwinkle blue. I have not had blue in a bedroom in a very long time. So I guess it boils down to the fact that I can't figure out if I want to keep the blue or paint over it. Anyone who knows me knows that I want to take the easy way out.....buy a bed set that matches the walls! But I can't find anything I like!!!!!!!!! I had seen something on the Target website that I thought might work. But when I checked the store, I didn't see it there. Bummer! I know that there is something out there.....and the way to guarantee that I find it is to paint the walls!

We spent Saturday getting things ready for the "winter weather" that we are supposed to get. We really have everything we might need. Dick went and got gas for the generator. We both rode to get a few groceries....not for the weather, but just for food! We met a couple for dinner and a play at a local college. We had a very good dinner, even though the waitress messed up one of our orders. We saw "Fiddler on the Roof". I have never seen it and they did a wonderful job. Hopefully, we will be able to see more of the plays they put on.

We woke to snow this morning. I had a hard time waking up. But I finally got up and going. We went to visit Dick's secretary in the hospital. We almost missed her! They were letting her out today! We stopped afterwards at a micro-brewery and had a beer and burger and watched the football game. Lunch was good! We were both so sleepy on the way home so I knew a nap was a possibility. Our house seemed cold so we turned up the heat some. Dick reclined in the recliner and I decided to go upstairs. The I remembered that I had put the electric blanket on the bed Friday!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!! I turned it to HIGH and got in. Three hours later I got up. That was some good sleeping. If the power goes out tomorrow, I may have to run an extention cord from the electic blanket to the generator!

Our weather forecast is for lots of snow. I will let you know how much we get tomorrow. Maybe even a picture or two.

Until then.....Tootles!

No comments: